KLF C7 looking for new home

dsommerl

BHZ Boy, your in good hands with Dave, he is one of the stellar folks on this Board. I have a matched pair of KLF-C7's that have worked for me in my HT... and will continue to do so.

And, thanks to your post on another thread, Dave, I decided to try an Academy and exercised a "BuyNow" option on Ebay to add to the K-Horn based music room.

I'll let you know my opinion when it arrives next week. HornEd

Hey HE !

Didn't give the rest of us a chance---darn, just when I decided to take a rest from the PC----another one comes and goes---and it appeared to be pristine!

HE---thought you knew I was out to corner the Free World's supply of Academies !!

Actually--am out for one more Acad to complete my set up--so, if you decide against keeping this one---I'm a buyer.---Keep me in mind

Tks Dave

Sorry, Dave... but when the "BUY" signals hit me, I don't stand on ceremony! The fellow I bought it from said that I did the deal in less than an hour after he posted the photos on Ebay.

Like the matched walnut K-horns & Belle that I just bought through this forum, the good ones don't last... and with only a $100 from the entry bid price and the "BuyItNow" price given the demand for Academy and the good looking photos... I thought that it was not worth letting the auction play out for I think it would have gone for more than $400 in the heat of the bidding.

Since I have also received several emails asking for a chance to buy it if I don't like it... it looks like I made the right move.

BTW, the same Houston guy has a pair of Chorus II's and some other stuff to sell to bring joy to his WAF sector. Since he is in the market for some newer, smaller Klipsch... I have urged him to join this Forum and make his vintage stuff available here BEFORE Ebay.

If I get a line on another walnut Academy, you will be among the first to know since your Forum presence is much appreciated.

HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 03-02-2002 at 08:25 AM

HE

You just made a case for one of those internet capable cell phones----with the vibrator feature (in case one falls asleep) !

Upon reading the details---I am in the hunt for a medium oak unit---so don't feel left out on this one.

You made a hell'uva buy here---it does look pristine and you definitely bot it in it's market range

Also, great idea on clueing the seller in on this board---EBay won't miss the commish.

Congrats---Dave

Dave, I talked to the fellow in Houston from whom I bought the walnut oil Academy... he will be posting his walnut oil Chorus II's on the Forum in the next day or so. He liked the idea of the Forum and making a fair deal without having to pay a commission... and frankly, so do I.

I'd rather spend the savings on new Klipsch products as a way of saying thank you Fred & Co. for this opportunity to commune with Klipschers. HornEd