What In-Wall Speaker for Rear Surround Sound

rdavis

I currently use two Klipsch Heresy's purchased in the early 1970's as my front surround sound speakers with a Klipsch Synergy C-3 center speaker and a Synnergy Sub 12 subwoofer. As my rear surround speakers I have been using a pair of Klipsch KG 1.5 bookshelf speakers. My house is being remodeled and I am in need of replacing my current rear speakers with an in-wall speaker due to the new design of the walls and openings.

My system is for music enjoyment as well as for my 50" plasma tv. It is driven by a Yamaha RX-V757 receiver. In my current system I feel the rear speakers are overpowered by the Heresy's and center speaker however my knowledge of surround sound is minimal.

I have looked at the ones available from Klipsch but have not been able to determine which model would work best with my other speakers. As always my wife is limiting my additional investment. I would like some suggestions on which in-wall speakers I should use for my rear surround.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Welcome to the forum!

I doubt if anyone here is going to recommend any type of in-wall speaker to go with Heresy's. If you feel your KG 1.5s are overpowered by the Heresys are you able to raise their output level in your Yamaha's setup menu?

In-wall speakers are typically recommended as a last resort or where high-fidelity audio is low on the list of why you're using them. I can pretty much guarantee that you'll like your 1.5s over in-walls.

Can you take pictures and give us an idea of why your 1.5s won't work? Would putting them on stands work?

Also, you mention 'rear speakers' a few times, although in a 5.1 setup the surround speakers are intended to be placed on the side of the main listening area and not behind it as in the old Dolby Pro-Logic days. Would a configuration like that work?

http://www.thx.com/home/setup/speakers/51.html