My First Home Theater

jvbint

Hi,

This is my first post as I am new to this community. I am planning to buy 5.1 speaker set up for my room size 15' x 12'. I will use it 50-50 music/ movies. My prefernce in sound is mids with clear highs along with tight bass. Finaly after checking many I decided between synergy F3 and Reference RF 62. Can any user write their experence about these two speakers as I am confused? At the time of demo some time I felt RF 62 were bit loud in highs and not much comfortable with my ears compare with F3 . But some time I felt the highs are very low in F3 compare to RF62.CONFUSED........Also in Subwoofer I have decided RW 12D or RSW 10D. Which sub would be sounding better in terms of bass in the room of my size ? If I select RF 62 then which surround will be suitable in my room size? RS 52 or RS 42.

Help me.

Thanks

Hi, This is my first post as I am new to this community. I am planning to buy 5.1 speaker set up for my room size 15' x 12'. I will use it 50-50 music/ movies. My prefernce in sound is mids with clear highs along with tight bass. Finaly after checking many I decided between synergy F3 and Reference RF 62. Can any user write their experence about these two speakers as I am confused? At the time of demo some time I felt RF 62 were bit loud in highs and not much comfortable with my ears compare with F3 . But some time I felt the highs are very low in F3 compare to RF62.CONFUSED........Also in Subwoofer I have decided RW 12D or RSW 10D. Which sub would be sounding better in terms of bass in the room of my size ? If I select RF 62 then which surround will be suitable in my room size? RS 52 or RS 42. Help me. Thanks

Welcome to the foum.

For what it's worth, most will agree that the reference line is of better build quality and has a more refined sound quality. My vote=RF-62. As far as the subs you are choosing between, I have the RSW-10d and if the price is right I would get it over the RW-12d. It is a more musical sub and for your room size, it should have as much max volume as the RW-12d. I think either choice of surrounds will work great. Choose whichever pair is the best deal. You did not mention the center channel you are getting. IMO, get the RC-62.

Bill