Pro logic ll

STEVE_TORONTO

given the configuration you have, and if you like multichannel music, I think you should definitely go for it.

don't you find the Klipsch/Onkyo combo to be too aggressive?

------------------

http://members.fortunecity.com/sebdavid - go laugh at my crappy website/equipment

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Sebdavid - go laugh at my puny little DVD collection

This message has been edited by Seb on 02-28-2002 at 02:02 PM

I just recently purchased an Integra 8.2 receiver with Pro Logic II, and so far I like it a lot. I use it most when watching cable TV. It creates a pretty convincing surround field with a stereo source.

I'm not a fan of listening to music in multichannels though - yet.

I'd say go for a receiver that includes Pro Logic II.

I too have an Integra 8.2 w/ Reference 3's (almost) all the way around for a 6.1 config, and I love it. I use PL-II movie setting as the default for TV (DirecTV w/ optical audio hookup for the occational 5.1 broadcasts). It really does some cool things with a stereo source. Even Star Wars: Episodes IV-VI on VHS sound good!

I'm not sure if I like PL-II for music, but I attribute that to the RS-3's in a fairly deep room defusing to much sound. I could be wrong.

Goon, how do you like the 8.2? I don't know of too many people that have them. Most of the reviews I've seen cover the 7.2 or 9.1. I was looking at the 7.2 w/ the CHAD upgrade and was able to get the 8.2 for $150 more than that combo, so decided, what the heck...

Have you tried hooking up the ABUS? I'm looking for any "war stories" on this before I try.

------------------

Current HT Setup:

RF-3's front

RC-3 center

RS-3's surround

KV-1 rear-center

M&K V-1250 sub

Integra 8.2 receiver

Mitsubishi 50"

Pioneer C-503 dvd-player

BrentMann,

So far I like my 8.2 a lot. You're right though, not many people seem to own Integra. I don't know why, I think the whole line is relatively new. I've been waiting for audioreview to put the 8.2 up to hear other's opinions too.

I haven't messed with the ABUS, and I don't think I will anytime soon.

I just got mine a month ago, so I'm still working on adjusting the audio settings (this is my first HT setup) and getting the remote programmed right. I'm not happy with the default layout, and not all of my equipment is supported, so I am still using multiple remotes. I downloaded the ChanEdit software, and when I have time I am going to create a fully custom layout.

My CD player just took a dive, so I'm thinking of picking up the Integra 6.2 disc changer too.

Good luck with the ABUS........

Goon,

That's about how long I've had mine.

I'm a Software Engineer, so the CHAD was a major plus. I don't think I'll ever reach CHAD nirvana, but I enjoy trying.

IMO, the CHAD the scrolling on the chad is a little slow, and can get annoying. For me, I logically organized all the "every-day" access buttons onto the first screen for each device, and use the hardware buttons whenever possible (the SAT device was the most difficult). I also setup macros to handle switching of components. Another hint is to move frequently used devices/macros to the top of their respective lists.

A friend and I got a packaged deal on 2 8.2's. He is building a home, so he hasn't set his up. When asked how I like mine, the response was: Setting it up, out of the box is a chore (or 1/2 the fun if your me), but once it's setup, it really is nice.

If you haven't already been there, check out www.remotecentral.com, lots of cool stuff/ideas for the CHAD.

Have fun w/ it. If you encounter any problems, or discover really cool feature, please pass it on.

------------------

Current HT Setup:

RF-3's front

RC-3 center

RS-3's surround

KV-1 rear-center

M&K V-1250 sub

Integra 8.2 receiver

Mitsubishi 50"

Pioneer C-503 dvd-player