Sound System Advice Help Needed

Benkrez@aol.com

Hi guys, this is my second post and I am more confused than I was yesterday as to what kind of system to buy. I will give you all my requirements and budget for this sound system.

I will be a sophomore at college next year so I will have a very small dorm room. After that, I plan on living at the rugby house and if the system survives that I hope I can bring it to my house for use in the years after college.

So what I was thinking was that while I was in my small dorm room, I would buy 2 floor speakers and a reciever. Then 2 years later when I was living off campus in a larger house I would buy a sub and then after college when I wont be too worried about things being broken or "running off" I would buy center and rear speakers.

I would say I will use this sound system 93% for music and 7% for movies. I would really like the speakers to be powerful enough to blast rap at parties but also clear and brilliant enough to listen to state radio, dispatch, jack johnson, bach, pavoritti, and more relaxing music in my room while I put my head back on my shoulders or to release the stress of college.

I was given the recommendation to buy La Scalas II in a previous thread however there are not many sellers near me and I am a little worried to buy them used off other people, especially since the sellers have had them for so long because they are an older model.

I was looking at the combination of the RF-82s with a Harman receiver. I was thinking I would buy these for a few years and then purchase a SVS PB13-Ultra bass the following year and then a few years later I would purchase the RC-62 center and rs-52 surrounds.

I have a total budget of $1500 to spend on the 2 floor standing speakers and a receiver. I will worry about the other speakers and sub later.

Does anyone have any recommedations they can make as to what speakers I should get and what receiver to match it with?

If you buy used you're going to have a ton more options to pick from. Otherwise if you insist on buying new RF-82s are excellent - you can pick them up on eBay at a buy-it-now for around $850 with free shipping.

If you're planning on spending $1500 I'd recommend spending $1000 +- on the speakers and the rest on the receiver.

$1000 will get you a LOT of Klipsch in the used market.......