Tough choice: RF-83 or RF-63

pearsall001

I'm in the process of putting together a complete Klipsch HT/two channel combo system. The center (RC-42) & surrounds (RS-62) were the easy choices. Now comes the hard part...the mains. From what I've read the RF-63's are the choice for two channel listening over the RF-83's. What's your take on this. I know it's up to me to make the final decision but are there any design differences that might give the RF-63's the edge for two channel listening? Thanks in advance.

• Moderators

What's up Pears! Welcome to the forums. I think you meant to say the RC-64 for your center. :)

I personally don't think you can go wrong with either the RF-63 or the RF-83. The 83's will be able to move more air for the bottom end. Not sure about any differences in sound quality. Others may chime in on that. Good luck putting together your system. It's going to rock!

I stand corrected. Yes the center is the RC-64 as you pointed out. It's still going to be a tough call between the 83's & the 63's. I think I read somewhere that the fellow that designed the 83 & 63 said that the 63's are his favorite for music. Don't quote me on that though. I think he even pointed out what separated the two models but that tid-bit of information escapes me at the moment.