One ear sounds better than the other? (Image S4)

scarletfever

Hey, I want to make sure that I'm wearing these right. I just got them yesterday, I'm wearing the larger single flange tip and they feel great.

However, I am getting a clearer mids and highs from the left ear than the right. I can hear guitar solos louder from the left ear than the right (which is strange, for Metallica, since the lead guitarist's guitar is always more prevalent on the right side). I'm fairly certain it's not my hearing going, because I didn't have this issue with other headphones. As it is, I have to have 'treble boost' on my iphone, or mids and highs sound very muddy.

I'm sure I have a seal, because lows sound fine, and when I gently pull back on both sides, they stay in the ear and I can feel the seal. In fact, it feels like there is more of a seal on the right side than the left, but it is the left that sounds better.

Any advice?

Also, does anyone have an mp3 of a low, middle, and then high note, that is equally balanced on both the left and right side? I think that'd be a good indicator of whether or not it's my imagination, or maybe even my iPhone, because I've noticed that highs sound different on it than my old mp3 player.

Edit: I just listened to the files posted here: http://www.sensaphonics.com/test/index.html on my computer. The frequencies sounded the same in both ears, so I will have to put the files on my iPhone - or maybe my old headphones just distributed the sounds differently?

In that test, the lower frequency did seem much quieter than the higher one, does that mean I'm not getting a good seal? I'm interested in other people listening to those files and posting results.

Thanks for your response. I'm still noticing a difference in sound. The left ear has crisper highs, and less muddy lows. don't think it's a problem with my hearing, because the actual volume level is the same in both ears, it's just clearer in one. I have a better seal in my right ear than my left, yet it sounds worse. The earbuds just 'feel' differently in my two ears. There seems to be more pressure in my right ear, yet it doesn't hurt or anything.

I also notice a bit more pressure in my right ear but not as much as when I first got them, I think the seals are breaking in. Perhaps give them a week of listening, you might also try a slight twist when they are in your ear, I found that helped reduce any pressure from the body on my ear.

Thanks for your response. The pressure itself does not hurt or anything (although maybe they're a millimeter or so too big? The smaller size is way too small though) If the tip is too big (but not big enough to hurt) would that distort/muddy the sound a bit? Maybe the hole is directed into the wall of the canal or something?