New Receiver

kkerley33

Need to purchase a new receiver for my living room. I had been running an H/K AVR for years. The DD processor went out about 4 years ago and I had been using an external marantz processor (based off the HKDD301) for the work. I use a yamaha dsp-a3090 in my other system (a real workhorse for sure)

Time to finally upgrade, but the budget is a little limited so looking for some pros and cons... Been looking at the H/K AVR 354, Onkyo TX-706 or Onkyo TX-607 or Yamaha rx-v863 or rx-v765. All can be had for under $500.00 which is really the budget limit. Seems like they all have their pluses and weaknesses. I have seemed to have bad luck with HK but they have great sound for Music. I have never used Onkyo before but it seems like a lot of people like them and Yamaha is always a reliable stand-bye, but seems like the lack some of better components for the same price range (lower level DACS, proprietary Video Upconversion, no THX cert, lower number of HDMI inputs.

Need something with at least 4 HDMI Inputs and Video Upconversion along with onboard 7.1 sound processing for use with BR player. For what it is worth, 90% of my music listening is done on a dedicated Anthem Tube set-up with La Scala speakers.

Thanks...