KP-362

Juxta Pose

That should be a KP792 tractrix horn with the largest magnet Klipsch ever used on a Pro speaker.

I sent you data sheets on the speaker so you can have all the info on them. I much prefer to use original Klipsch parts when refurbishing my Klipsch Pro gear.

Note that they are rated at 400 watts RMS. Typically in pro sound applications 2x the power is made available so that clipping does not occur at the amp. You want plenty of good clean power available. The KP362 is rated at NOMINAL 8 ohms, but does dip down to 3.7 ohms around 140 hz. What does this mean? It means that if you hook up two of them in parallel to one amp channel you will have nomically 4 ohms but at lower frequencies the impedance will be less than 2 ohms so you would want a good quality stable amp like Crown or Crest.

Alternately, if you cross them over with a good sub system you will alleviate some of this concern.

Because of the 60 degree horizontal dispersion, putting two of these side by side gives a very wide dispersion to an outdoor crowd. Note that the cabinet angles are NOT meant to 'tight pack' the speakers. There really needs to be a bit of space between the front edges of the cabinet so that there is not overlap of the horn coverage- I think about 6 inches should suffice. If you are indoors in a narrow room this might cause a lot of energy to be reflected off side walls, in this instance inverting the top cabinet and stacking them would give more output (or decreased distortion) while utilizing both cabinets.

I use these with my KP682 pro subs and it's an amazing combo. Good luck and let me know if you need assistance shipping parts out of country.

Michael

KP-362.pdf

• Like 1

Thanks so much Michael i may take you up on that offer. I'll be in the U.S. in about a month for a trip New York to Memphis to El Paso so I'll try to find something to ship on the way, bit hard to look about very much as i'll be on trains an buses a fair bit. Hope i find something to line up before so i can plan a detour!! thanks again

Pascal