Klipsch WF-35s and Denon

TSDL10

Hey guys (and enlightened gals),

I'm new to the forum and "expensive" (fiancee's words, not mine) speakers, so go easy on me. I've listened to about every speaker imaginable over the past few weeks and have decided that the WF 35 system (with the WC 24 and WS 24 surrounds) fits my needs the best. I have two questions for anyone here willing to help. First, I'm deciding on a receiver and I was wondering if anyone has tried the Denon 2310 or 3310 with the WFs, and if the 2310 will have enough power to drive everything (towers rated at 150 watts). Since I'm only running a 5.1 setup, would bi-amping the WF-35s with the unused SB channels help with my power concerns? Any impressions/suggestions (included other receivers) are appreciated.

Second, I just bought a condo and am concerned that any sub I get will disturb the downstairs neighbors (wall-to-wall disturbance isn't a problem). The building has remarkably good sound-proofing, and I'm going to run a test tonight with my neighbors to see if they can hear my Sub-10 (which is currently paired with a Quintet SL system) when it's turned up. If they can't hear it I'm looking at the Martin Logan Dynamo 700, Klipsch xw 300d, and Def Tech SuperCube III (don't kick me out for mentioning other brands! I can get ridiculous deals on the Martin Logan and Def Tech from a buddy who works at BB; that's the only reason they are in the running). Any suggestions here? Will the WF-35's hit low enough to alleviate the need for a sub?

Thanks everyone

The WF-35's definitely need the help of a sub in my opinion. I setup a 5.1 system for my uncle about a year ago and without the sub the low end is somewhat lacking. The 35's are clean and clear as I have ever heard, but bass in not their strong suit in my opinion. Get a good sub and just turn it down as needed. I would also look into the Onkyo or HK receivers.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I went to my local BB today and tried out the Wf 35 system with the new Onkyo receivers (707 and 807) and my Denon, along with the Supercube, ML Dynamo, and both the xw 300 and 500. Hearing them on their own I agree that the 35s need a sub to fill out the low end (called the neighbors and they either can't hear my sub-10 or don't care), and I think I narrowed it to the Dynamo or xw 500. The Dynamo really blew me away for its size, so depending on the price I can get through my friend I will likely go with that. I really liked the sound of the Onkyo 807, but it retails for almost $400 more than what I paid for my Denon (which I also love), so I think I'll stick with the Denon for now. Pics to come as soon as I get it all set up (which includes a DIY plasma tv mounting - man I hope this thing doesn't fall).

And Bill, don't worry, there will never be any Bose in my home. As my buddy once told me "No highs, no lows, must be Bose"...