Which One?

Bob Foss

I thought I had this resolved...but I am getting Reference in-ceiling speakers (the new house is already prewired) and they are pivotable and have the cerametallic woofer and titanium tweeter...I liked the sound at the audio store because I want clear, crisp dialogue for movies, not music. Well, I was going to get Klipsch's RW10D since it is a match (same materials in woofer) for about $495 or so locally. At the military store, they don't sell it but sell the Synergy Sub10 and 12. The 10 is about $300 and the 12 is about $400..BUT I have heard in the Forum about a lot of problems with the Sub 10 amp. So my questions are: Is the Sub 12 amp problem prone, too, since it is so similar to the Sub 10? Also, by saving about $100, would the Sub 12 do as good as the RW-10d which has a supposedly better material in the woofer? I keep hearing about "ping pong" sounds in the RW-10d line and I certainly don't want that, but if the Synergy is problem prone, that would be bad, too. Please advise anyone. Thank you.

I haven't heard as many people having issues with the Sub-12 as with the 10. The 12 is an incredible value for the money. If you don't mind pre-owned they regularly sell for $250-300 on eBay, and that's a lot of subwoofer for the money.