Curious about what would sound better

Whitey81

I just won a pair of f-2's on eBay. Was curious if b-2's or s-2's would sound better. Also looking at new center channel. Have seen c-3 on sale for 180 making it cheaper than c-2. I'm worried about it overpowering everything else though. Any thoughts would be nice. Oh going to be powered with HK 354.

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your new Klipsch!

If you're debating between B-2s and S-2s for surrounds, it depends on what you listen to most. If you're mainly into movies the S-2s would get my vote, if you listen to a lot of music and watch a lot of music concerts I'd go with the B-2s.

Technically the C-2 would be the match to your other speakers but the C-3 would be excellent and would allow you to upgrade to the 3 series for your other speakers if you ever chose to. Receivers are set up to level match your speakers to they all have equal volume outputs so don't worry about the C-3 overpowering your other speakers.

I have a question about my receiver. The f-2's have two sets of binding posts. I was wondering if I could hook them up as front speakers for 5.1 and since the receiver is multi-zone hook up the other two channels to the other posts. Then I could use them as 5.1 with movies and them by themselves for music. Is there something I am missing or should that work?