newbie: KLF-20's

rick_m

I have recently aquired a pair of KLF-20. My goal is to set-up a home theatre. I am using the KLF's as my main fronts and have a set of kg3.5's for the rears, are these compatible? what would be the best recommendation for a center channel aside from the klf c-7 since those are extremely hard to find and sub? What would be a good pre-amp/amp or reciever? I am currently using a Denon avr1909 and a behringer ep2000 to power the klf's.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Rick

KLF-C7 is the best center channel for the 20's - bar none. Well worth the effort to locate one. Some think it is one of the best center channels - period.

Running your KLF-20's on "phantom" is a very doable option, whereby you split your center into your 2 mains.

Surrounds to me are not that important as far as "matching" goes. Upgrade whenever you can. KSP-S6's are the match to the Legend series, however I really like my Monitor 70 towers. Bumped a couple db to adjust for efficiency and they are great. Of course I upgraded from a pair of Bose 201's.

With your current speaker set, simply run phantom in the front, your kg3.5's in the back and enjoy. Upgrade when you can - enjoy in the meantime. C7's come up here every couple months or so. http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/kg-3-5-specifications/ What I specifically like about these rears of yours is the bottom ports face forward (like my Monitor 70's). To me, this is an advantage. Placment of the KLF-20's with the rear ports a bit from the wall and the use of the surround speakers with the front ports facing the listening area - simply works for my taste. Best of luck in your decisions.