Sat specs?

qball

I'm wondering what the frequency responce is for the v.2-400 sats. The website lists the responce for the system as a whole but gives no numbers for the sats/sub individually. I'm curious since I just hooked up my system to a receiver and I want to make sure that the sub's crossover is set high enough so that I don't have a hole.

-Q

it will be some where around 120hz-5000hz, i think.

WAIT! The frequency responce is the LAST thing you should be owrrying about if you are hooking them to an amp. These are 4ohm speakers at 60 watts... Your receiver i will bet is 6-8 ohms, much more resistance so it's 60 watts is much more power than the promedia's 60 watts, you can easily blow these speakers doing something like that.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Tech Support

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Well, you'll see my reply regarding hooking the sats up to a receiver at length in the other thread. Anyway, I already have them hooked up, it works fine. I run a digital coax connection from my computer, power the sats with the receiver and run the subwoofer output back into the promedia input (which at this point is only hooked up to the subwoofer). I set the sub volume by tweaking the volume knobs on the promedia preamp to get everything balanced. The only reason I mentioned frequency response is that I believe the receiver by default will send frequencies lower than 80Hz to the subwoofer, which means that I'll have a hole from 80Hz to 120Hz. I'm not quite sure if this is the case, I have to have a friend of mine who is in the audio business drop by and tune my system, he'd be able to hear such things.

-Q