Port size of KSF8.5

evan judd

I recently got a pair of KSF8.5 one had port ring and the other one had an open port where the port belongs. I am guessing that this effects the accuracy and detail of the bass frequencies coming from these speakers. Does anyone know the diameter, and length of the tubes, so I may be able to fabricate something?

• Klipsch Employees

If you will post a pic of the one you have, I will look around the lab to see if we have any that will work.

If you have a hole where a port was the speaker will not work as it should.

If the port is just a "ring" that makes the hole look good, then the tunning of the speaker will be ok, but the port noise will be more noticable.

• Klipsch Employees

the plastic on each end we call a port flair. It helps with the noise that comes from the port at high volumes.

I will try to find the length of the port.

we have a box of old flairs. There may be some in it that will fit your speaker.

Measure the other one and give me that data. I will look for you.

Thr port flair where it fits flush to the outide of the cabinet is approximately 4 13/16 inches. inside diameter is a little harder to get because there is a ridge where I am asuming the port tube itself would go. The inside diameter on the back of the flair is approximately 3 1/4 inches with the ridge leaving an allowance for and 1/8 inch thick wall on the port tube that I would estimate inside diameter at 3.00 +/-. The length I do not know and and the inner port flair I do not have either. I would be probably be like the one that fits to the cabinet but a smaller overall diameter. The whole tha is left in the cabinet after the flair is taken out measures approx 4 1/4 inches