Too hot for the IGroove SXT?

I have just bought  the iGroove SXT iPod Speaker System, plugged it in and it sounds wonderful but I bought it to go into my small kitchen and the only space where it fits is on top of my microwave which does get quite warm. The booklet in the box says not to put it near a heat source. I don't want to send it back because I absolutely adore the sound!! Is there anything you can suggest?

It is also saying when i dock my phone that it was not set up for iPhones (I have a 3gs), and gives me the option of airplane mode but the website says that it does.  Is there a setting that I need to change as I'd really like to stream Internet radio through these speakers. 

The iGroove SXT's are pretty surprising little buggers. We have 2. One in our kitchen and the other is in my office at work. A lot of sound for such a little package. We do not have iPhones just iPod classics. But as others have indicated ge the new model so you can use your iphone with it.