Heresy as Left, Center, Right and Surround (Home Theater)

o0O Bill O0o

Hi,

I have searched around here for pictures or any sort of feedback from users that have or are using Klipsch Heresys as the 5 or 7 Speakers used in Home Theater. These post is the closest to what I am looking for:

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/7130/50432.aspx#50432

and

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/48894/463330.aspx#463330

The concept is great, all speakers are timbre matched or close to acoustically identical. All have fantastic output.

The other part is I am not finding any furniture that would work with the set-up. I figured three across the front, on the floor w/ riser, infront of my entertainment center. But I would really like to find an integrated solution, i.e. a entertainment center that has enough room for the Heresy center under the TV (Flat screen), and no I am not interested in a C-7 or academy. Talking brand new, matching colors, mint.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

I am a longtime Klipsch owner that has a two channel only, Hometheater and I am reluctant to buy a 3rd LaScala for a variety of reasons.

2.0 LaScala Home Theare

-Bill

i would talk to a furinature builder and have him build your Hersey into the et center. you could also do a 2 part design and have the shelves on either side and the Hersey in the middle. i wouldn't reccemend having the TV built in becaue you will most likely trade that out much faster than the Herseys. i would wall mount the tv on a bracket and have a simple tv stand underneath.

just my opinion......

i personally would do something more like this design for several reasons.

1. you can switch out center speakers if you ever needed to easier, like if you went with all Corwalls.....etc

2. cheaper and easier to make, which means easier on your wallet.

3. more upgradable. you don't have to replace the entire et center, just one side if it came down to that.

4. it's stronger, will hold heaver gear.

5. you can make one side have adjustable shelves and not compromise the entire et center.

6. if you really wanted to set the tv on it, you can have the builder make a matching top piece that sets on top, which would be much stronger than building it in. that way it's one strong piece and not something that is already drilled into. again, if that top piece gets damaged, you can swap it out easily.

depending on where you live i can recommend an awesome furniture builder. he did mine and it came out perfect! not even an 1/8" off!

et split.pdf

here's the et center i designed, that the furinature builder built. i also paided someone to stain it. i am too picky to do this type of work on my own. plus i don't have the tools! lol. (or skill for that matter!)

if you look, the seam at the very top, underneath the RC-7, matches the outside edge of that speaker perfectly. that is something that i wanted because i wanted it to almost seem like it was part of the et center. i didn't want excess ledge there or have the speaker overhang the et center. again, i have OCD issues....lol

the height was critical too. i already mounted the tv so if he built it even .5" taller than the top of the speaker would cover up the bottom of the tv. again....OCD.

all my issues are mute though, because every dimension i called out in my drawing was perfect. that is something very hard to do when working with wood.

anyways, that's my 2cents on the subject. good luck!

post-23806-1381951368686_thumb.jpg

You posted your idea real quick..

Good Ideas.. I'm not from TX but the recommendation to find a cabinet maker is very good.

Thanks for taking the time to make the sketch.. and I think I am just as OCD for Audio stuff as your are.

Now, your right about the speakers outlasting the TV, and I just may go wall mount..hmm..

Now, If I just get a rack and have it off to the side

RSF_DS_1.jpg

RSF_LS_2.jpg

i can't find his web page but his work number is:888-740-2136. he has a shop in forney texas, which is COUNTRY, by all means of the term. if you driver through down down, and you blink, you will miss the town! lol. one of the reasons i like it here! lol.

anyways, his shop ships out world wide and has a waiting list....sometimes. he's real good about getting his stuff out. you should see some of his work, it's real nice.

i would say the last rendering you made should work great. you can also go to Ikea and get 2 small cabinets. their cheap, but should work if the weight isn't too much.

for wall mounting i'd say this one would work just fine. if you haven't been to Monoprice, you'll be shocked by all the prices. best place to go. i have a very simular tv bracket to this one. i purchased one from a local HT guy, he was the same price if you consider shipping. that way i help out a local too.

if you have a tv that has hdmi ports that insert straight in, then you will deffently need a few of these. just make sure they face the right direction. you have an option of 90degrees or 270degrees.

just realized i posted the same file! you got the idea anyway. i edited it anyway. i like the symmetry in that last rendering. i wanted two subs up front too, but thats way out of my price range. also trying to tune in 2 subs is sooooo difficult. i would have the tv mounted 30" above the floor and have everything underneath, that way i can hide wires much easier. in your rendering you'll have to track wires from one rack to another and then all the speaker wires. if you bring them closer you can have the center Hersey hide most of the wire work. i have ocd issues concerning wire runs too. it's what i do for a living. i build personal private airplanes. BBJ's and Airbuses.

Your right about the wire logistics.. fudge!

Maybe use a single stand for electronics and the other can have whatever, movies, etc.. It just has to match.. if not I will just have speakers and TV and that's all you see.

I moving ahead with this idea that a 5 speaker Heresy system, using proper bass management and a superior set of subwoofers, looks like a great idea. Any comment of how this may sound?

Also, two sub placement tweak is much better than one, I found where one is lacking the other one makes up for the nulls. Now, I will state the the JL Audio subs have built in Automatic Room Optimization (Room EQ)

well if you do 1 rack, then either you won't have much equipment or it's going to be a tall one. i doubt you can find a rack to hold an AVR, dvd player, amp, cable box, etc, and fit underneath the tv. i'd still say to get the look and speakers go with two equal cabinets, just have them close together. let that center channel hide the mess.

i am sure 2 subs tweaked and set up right would sound better, i just don't have the money or patience! lol. now especally since i have upgraded my eD A2-300 sub for a Sunfire Sig 12" (with the bob carver signature on it!).

here you go. this is with a 100" screen (so you can get a little scale), 3 herseys, and 2 et cabinets. the dimensions i got from klipsch about herseys is 21.4, 15.5, and 13.2. didn't know what HxWxD was so i made them...... 21.4 H x 15.5 W x 13.2 D. if you correct me i can update the drawing in a few seconds. that's the cool part of Inventor. i just love that drafting program. i drew my entire living room before the builder had even poured the foundation. it really helped with what speakers to buy, components, location, stuff like that. i even printed it out for our first builder meeting and handed it to him. i wanted to stress to him the importace of how he built my house. made for a great 8:30 am meeting when i have been a night shift guy for the past 15 years.....yeah mornings are not my thing.....lol

room 1.pdf

Okay, I get it now with the stand closer together...

I think this could be a really good long term purchase.. say if in a few years we all have projectors [:D] and I get a Acoustically transparent screen and I simple array them behind the screen. Or if I move, it simple to pack and move.. I hate moving with the Lascalas... and so on..

I may even pull the L, C, and R speakers off of the back wall a couple a feet, and keep them at least 3-4 feet away from the side wall.. leaving a (think grid) 2x4, 2x3, or 1x6 shelf audio podium at the back with TV mounted above. Then that would solve the issue of having the center directly below the TV. I just don't want to exceed the best viewing distance for my TV and keep the speakers from being "in my face"..

_Bill