H/K 520 & Panamax 5300 trigger problem

Craig6519

I just got the Panamax 5300 and wanted to hook up the 12vdc trigger from my H/K to the Panamax. I have two 1/8 mini jacks one has two black bands on each end and the other has one black band on each end, which one do I need to use? For what it's worth i tried both.

The Panamax has a in and a out for the 12vdc trigger.

The H/K has two in's and one out, one of the ins is for multi room so we'll ignore that one. the other says to use if your remote sensor is blocked on the front of your unit, it's not so i'll ignore that one too.

So that leaves the output. The book says connect the output to the IR IN jack on H/K or other compatible equpiment.

So I hooked the output from the H/K to the Panamax in, left the power button in on the panamax and turn on the H/K assuming that that will turn on the panamax, but NO as soon as I turn the panamax on it starts up without the H/K being on.

But If I turn the Panamax off it does shut down my H/K after a 10 second delay that I set.

What am I doing wrong? I want to be able to fire up the H/K, leave the Panamax switched on so when the panamax gets the signal from the H/K it will start up the rest of the system. I hope this isn't to confusing but I'm really getting agrivated.

Craig

------------------

Klipsch KLF30 Mains (OAK)

Klipsch KLF-C7 Front Center (OAK)

Klipsch KLF-C7 Rear Center (OAK)

Klipsch KSP-S6 Surrounds

Dual SVS 20-39CS+ Sub's

Samson S1000 Sub Amp

Panamax 5300

Harman Kardon AVR 520

(2)Acurus 200x3

Yamaha MDX-793 Mini disc