Merde!!

lynnm

OY!!

I had a hearing test yesterday expecting to be told that I needed a hearing aid for my left ear as I have been aware for some time that my hearing was poor in that ear.

Turns out that I do not need a hearing aid. I need two!! As I suspected my left ear has gone to hell in a handbasket but I also learned that my right ear is not a hello of a lot better. Therefore my new audio components are on order - (*&^%^%$##)!

What I find intriguing however is that even with a fairly serious degree of hearing loss I still can easily discern the difference between good speakers,(KLF30's) and crappy speakers.

Lord am I in for a treat!!

]http://216.37.9.58/ubb/cwmsmilies/cwm20.gif" TARGET=_blank]=http://216.37.9.58/ubb/cwmsmilies/cwm20.gif]http://216.37.9.58/ubb/cwmsmilies/cwm20.gif cwm20.gif

If those damned things sound so great to me now - Imagine how they will sound when I can hear properly!!

Looks as if my Health Insurance company is going to be paying for a major speaker upgrade!

Getting old is sometimes a major PITA but beats hell outta the alternative. <GRIN>

UPS - Kick in the afterburners!

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

This message has been edited by lynnm on 03-11-2002 at 09:30 PM

Thats too bad Frown.gif.

I want my insurance company to buy me some Klipschorns!!! Or Klipschears!!! I am in constant fear of losing my hearing or vision. I am not paranoid or losing sleep, but it is always in the back of my mind. I still have to get and enjoy a $50,000 HT before life can take my vision and hearing. I just hope you get a pair of Audiophile hearing aids! Are you at an age (don't need to answer) where you expect your hearing to go south, or is it a suprise?

Good luck!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

I had to put on my tri-focals to read the fine print on the back of my ticket on the ARK. <GRIN>

AKA I am 58 yr.old male but the hearing loss is not related to my age or gender per se but to head injuries that occurred when I was a little bugger.

WHINE!WHINE!SNIVEL!SOB - Enough Self Pity

The good news is that despite that trauma my current hearing problem is the first aftereffect that has ever surfaced. My doctor ordered extensive head X-Rays and says he can see nothing in there - so I guess I am OK!

cwm29.gif

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

This message has been edited by lynnm on 03-11-2002 at 11:13 AM