Vintage CD Players and Salvation Army Store

willland

Again I score at an S.A. store. I visit my local store at least once a week and it completely amazes me of the discarded(donated) gear you can find. I picked up an (1987) HH Scott DA952 cd player for $14.99 back in June. Nothing really special but no scratches, no dust, perfect operation, and made in Japan.

Then in September I find a (1985) Denon DCD-1500 cd player for $19.99. Very few scratches on top but perfect operation with good build quality and made in Japan.

Then again yesterday I enter the store with no real expectations and leave with a (1990) Kenwood DP-7010 cd player for $24.99. Few scratches on top, perfect operation, very good build quality, made in Japan, and also optical and digital coax connections.

What I am getting at is with many factors in place(bad economy, digital streaming becoming the norm, and all in one players), people are dumping their cd players left and right. If you refuse to believe that the cd format is not becoming obsolete, go to your local thrift store(SA,GW, etc.) and pick up a nice player and while your there take home some used cd's.

Don't forget pawn shops and C-list.

Bill

If you refuse to believe that the cd format is not becoming obsolete, go to your local thrift store(SA,GW, etc.) and pick up a nice player and while your there take home some used cd's.

Perfect Sound Forever

I've been buying Adcom GCD-600s as often as I can. (The GCD 700 is Communist Chinese, though.)

Obsolete, like vinyl?

Yes like vinyl. Yeah right. Vinyl layed dormant for a few years but on a smaller scale(OK a tiny scale) has made a come back to satisfy many music lovers(OK for a small niche market). With the majority probably being members of this forum.

I have seen many threads on other forums and publications that the cd format is dead. Not to me. As long as I can keep finding cheap quality players and used cd's I'll be happy.

Bill