Need help

dskinner612

Hey Dan,

To be honest, I have absolutely no experience with any AMC amps. I can't say either way whether the quality is good or what is a good price. The last on Audiogon sold for $430.00 back in Jan. 09. But $350.00 shipped might be worth a try. I do think a 150w/ch dedicated amp is plenty of power. Being that your Denon receiver is rated at 140w/ch(2 channels driven), I would suggest you get an amp with at least 125w/ch(all channels driven).

If the seller of the Denon(4400?) has two for sale, they would be a pretty good choice. Keep in mind of the amps age(17-18 yrs old). If they are in good shape and affordable to you, consider them.

Is your main objective to add amplification to the front speakers or L-C-R or all channels?

Again, where is your location? Forum members can better serve you in your search if we know your location(not address, just city).

Bill

Hi Bill, I just want to say thanks for helping me out here, Im looking for an amp to power all 5 speakers that I have . One that sounds good in movies , music is most important. I want an amp that sounds warm and true music fidelity not noise sounding when I put on some Alice in Chains. Smooth flowing music. I have come acrossed a carver AV 705, and older amp but has 6 channels in which I only need 5. I have been looking at reviews on amps, Rotel is getting good ones as well as NAD. TOOOO MANY AMPS!! Thanks Dan The AMC is 375 shipped, thats a bit high, I think. Thanks Dan