tweeter upgrade

vnzbd

Hello all. I have been condsidering Bob Crites titanium diaphram upgrade for my KLF series. All of the reviews that I have read are very positive. I do have a questions though. This diaphram replaces the existing one in approx 20 different tweeters. How can one diaphram do this? Are all of the existing diaphrams basically the same and just the rest of the tweeter assembly hold the differences in the current stock configs? Are there any concerns about different sensitivity from tweeter to tweeter? Thanks for the education!

Guest David H

Hello all. I have been condsidering Bob Crites titanium diaphram upgrade for my KLF series. All of the reviews that I have read are very positive. I do have a questions though. This diaphram replaces the existing one in approx 20 different tweeters. How can one diaphram do this? Are all of the existing diaphrams basically the same and just the rest of the tweeter assembly hold the differences in the current stock configs? Are there any concerns about different sensitivity from tweeter to tweeter? Thanks for the education!

I am sure that diaphram was used in many different models. Bob Crites would be the best source of info on the diaphram, furthermore all of the Crites gear I have used has been excellent.

Dave

Just changed mine in Chorus II and Academy...... definitely crisper and cleaner.

To answer your question: Different horn dimensions means different dispersion. And this does not necessarily mean the driver/diaphragm has to change.

K-55 mid drivers were used with different horns. They sound completely different in La Scalas than in Cornwalls and even more different in Heresy Is.

K-79-K & K-76-KV. Similar driver same three nut pattern.

The K-76-KV uses dual magnets(some have 3 magnets and a bell) where the K-76-K only has one magnet.

But all use the same diaphragm.

Just means I now have spare phenolic diaphragms for my other tweets.