What is the Difference between rf-52 and f1 And other Q's

Flyfshr

What is the difference between the rf-52 and f-1?

I have found both at good prices and dont know which to choose. I was going to use the f-1's as my fronts but came accross the rf-52's.

Would their be a problem Using the f-1' for the fronts and a rc-52 for my center? I was told to spend more on a center if I was wanting to put extra money into something. I was looking at using the f-1's for the rears also because my cost for rears and say a stand to put them on would be close to the same as using the f-1's. What problem do you run into using speakers from different series but still in the Klipsch line?

Thanks in advance, Dave

For the L-C-R speakers ..timbre matching is VERY important in order to get accurately blended sound. If you've decided on the RC-52 for your center, then you will want to go with the RF-52's as your mains. There are inherent differences between the synergy (F-1) and reference (RF-52) lines, though I'm not sure what they all are. The surrounds are less important from a matching perspective and you could very easily get away with using the F-1's in this role.

do you have a sub? if not, i would strongly suggest saving the cash from the F-1's and buy a used RW-12 or RW-10 (or the newer RW-12d/RW-10d variants). Ultimately it boils down to what sounds best to your ears.

cheers, and welcome to the forum :)