Chorus II questions

vnzbd

Do you have some part numbers and instructions on your cap and value change?

Sadly no I don't. I did it during an extremely busy time in college and documenting it was the last thing on my mind...

I did build an active xover...an active amplifier even (like the XTi), but I never got around to making it something that could be called a product. It was just proof of concept on a bench and I had to leave much of it behind after I graduated.

The Dx38 only works as a stereo 2-way. The EV DC One and Yamaha SP2060 can do stereo 3-way...and it looks like the Behringer should be able to too. Keep in mind that you'll need a total of 6 channels of amplification (so 3 stereo amps).

Going 2-way would only require four channels of amplification, which makes changing to a 2-way rather attractive because that could be close to the cost of the 3rd amplifier...except it should sound better than the stock 3-way.

Stormin: you could check to see if Doc is up for you to have a listen at the Chorus II's with the BMS drivers / 18 sound horns driven by Crown XTI's.

The Behringer DCX 2496 can do stereo 3 way if you need, as well as a handful of other configurations. You would still need 4 channels of amps if you want to use the DCX with something like the BMS combo. ( 2 way )

The XTI is the lowest cost active solution for something like this, next up would be the DCX with outboard amps.