looking for parts and info. on 1984 Cornwalls

jasongoss

I recently picked up a pair of Klipsch Cornwalls, based on the serial number they were produced in September of 1984.

They look pretty good and sound excellent however it appears that the previous owner removed the top smaller horns and replaced them with Pyledriver tweeters, I would like these speakers to again perform like they were intended though admittedly know very little about them...

If someone here would be willing to fill me in on what horns should be on these and where I could find them as well as any other changes or updates I should consider inorder to get the most out of these beauties, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

jgb1mail@aol.com

Guest David H

Jason, welcome to the forums. My preference for tweeters in your Cornwalls are the CT-125 by Bob Crites. These are an upgrade from the originals.

Bob also has a nice selection of additional upgrades for your speakers.

Enjoy the music, Dave Harris

Hi Jason, welcome!

I also picked up a pair of 84 Cornwall without tweeters. Converted them to Cornscala's with a minimum of modifications.

I'm with Dave on the tweeters, Bob Crites CT-125 uses an Eminence APT-50 Supertweeter mounted on a special horn lens he designed to drop right into spot where the K-77 mounts. They have a much more extended high end and I think they are a smoother sounding tweeter than the stock K-77. It's the cheapest upgrade you can do, except maybe replacing the caps in the crossovers. Check with Bob on that too as he sells upgrade repair kits for the Cornwall.

Enjoy those great speakers!

Herb Klinker

I recently picked up a pair of Klipsch Cornwalls, based on the serial number they were produced in September of 1984.

They look pretty good and sound excellent however it appears that the previous owner removed the top smaller horns and replaced them with Pyledriver tweeters, I would like these speakers to again perform like they were intended though admittedly know very little about them...

If someone here would be willing to fill me in on what horns should be on these and where I could find them as well as any other changes or updates I should consider inorder to get the most out of these beauties, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Jason,

The original top horns in the 1984 Cornwall were K-77 or K-77-M.

I am putting a link to our Garage sale section where you could buy used pairs at a good price.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/128915/1304196.aspx#1304196

Noah

Thanks everyone for the prompt and well informed help.... I believe I'm going to go with new CT-125s and cap rebuild kits from critesspeakers... Considered used but I'd like to have these things sounding as good as possible for as long as possible.

Thanks again,

Jason