Accidentally cooked my ProMedia 2.1 -- lasting damage?

Zortrium

The other day I was reorganizing my computer desk to deal with the expanding jungle of wires tangled up behind it. The first thing I rewired was my ProMedia 2.1s since I wanted to keep those wires away from everything else. Unfortunately, I made a rather idiotic mistake due by not paying close attention to which wires I was grabbing -- when I was plugging in the DIN plug to the sub, I somehow managed to not grab the cable from the satellite but a different plug that looked exactly the same on the end but which was actually a power plug for one of my hard drives that was already plugged into the wall. I should have figured something was up when it took some jostling to connect to the sub, but it finally did fit without any major force. Obviously, this was a bad move -- as soon as I powered up the sub, the satellites starting emitting a rapid series of loud pops and a rather strong electrical burning smell came from the sub. The sub was only active for about 5 seconds before I cut the power, but judging by the smell, it seemed like I'd cooked it pretty badly

About an hour later, I opened up the sub to take a look inside -- when I took the back off, a small amount of visible smoke came from the inside, but not enough that I could tell exactly where it was coming from. My knowledge of electronics is pretty basic, but I didn't see anything on the circuit board that jumped out at me as catastrophic damage (blown capacitors, visibly charred components, fire, etc) and the fuse was intact. I closed it up and let it sit for about a day before trying to use it again. When I powered up the sub again without anything connected, it emitted what I'd describe as a low growl for about 10 seconds before stopping and being silent. I then hooked up the sats and my computer (correctly this time...) and tried playing some music at medium volume, and everything actually seemed fine -- both sats worked perfectly, bass seemed normal and responsive to the sub control, and I couldn't smell anything coming from the sub.

I've only used them for a few minutes since then, but haven't had any issues. So my question is; do people think I caused any lasting damage to my speakers, or is there anything else in particular I should try or look at that might reveal damage? I'll obviously use them for a more extended period in the next few days and see if anything crops up, but I'd rather not just have them suddenly die in a week or die a slow and gradual death or anything like that. I've only had them for a little over a year and they haven't endured any other maltreatment, so they're in pretty good shape overall.