S4i remote is not working

cugami

Hello

I have purchased my s4i two months ago. Really like the headphones, best one that I tried so far

As the cable seems really fragile, I always carry with care, but in the bag or never tangled and etc. But couple of weeks ago I realized that my remote is not working. I was quite upset cuz it's been short time since I bought it. Then I tried to figure out how it happened. I gently squeeze the jug and ta da! the remote is working. I believe the wire has a problem inside the jug. The phones are working really well but without mic&remote it's not the way I want. Pls help me to solve it

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

What generation iPhone are you using? 3Gs? Has the product seen a lot of moisture? Did you happen to pull on the cable accidently when this defect occured? How were you using it when the mic failed? What other symptoms can you tell me?

Hello

It's 3G. I try to keep the iem really carefully as they are my first elite iem's. Maybe there could be accidental pull but I cannot recall actually. But if that happens why the phones are working?

I realized that the mic and the remote has a fault when the changing the songs. But as I wrote it works when I gently squeeze the jug and roll over a bit. Pls tell me if we could do something to solve this, it's really annoying

Thanks

It is hard to say what is at fault. We do have a 2 year warranty on S4i. If you want to exchange the headset you can. It may also be your phone.

Usually you can tell where the intermitant contact is occuring by tracing the noise to where you are wiggling joints. Rotate the jack to the iPhone and see if it occurs there. If so, you may have a bad iPhone jack. If it is in the mic section you should be able to tell by isolating movement only to that part.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

I
bought Klipsch S4i in Dubai (Dec 2011) I am in India now and the mic
and volume control stopped working. I am using the same for i phone 4S. I was completly satisified with overall quality but the remote is very very disappointing. I
bought Klipsch due to good customer service and 2 years replacement
warranty. I would like to replace them ASAP. Kindly help immediately.

Regards,

Sethu
+91 95858 77623
sethu.karthik@yahoo.co.uk