KSW-15 Auto-On Feature

BigMike

My KSW-15 takes a long time to turn on automatically. I have to turn the volume up on my RX-V1000 to around 30 and wait about a minute for the thing to come on.

My question is-Is it ok to leave the sub on all of the time and not use the auto-on feature. I like having some bass when the volume is not cranked all the way up and the auto-on feature prohibits that. Thanks in advance.

Mike

You can leave the sub turned on at all times it will not hurt anything. As a matter of fact I have two mono blocks that I never turn off because turning the amps on and off will cause more damage to the amp than leaving it on ever will. If you just feel better turning it off, try connecting it to a switched outlet on your surge protection and leave the sub in the on postion. When the surge protection is turned on the sub will be turned on also. One other thing to check re: the auto on feature. Check that the low pass is not set to low. This will cause the sub not to play until it receives a signal below or at the low pass setting.

------------------

MM

Thanks for the heads up. I had heard the same thing about computers. The thermal shock is worse on the circuit boards than just leaving them heated up all of the time. Seems to make sense to me. I have left the sub on for 4 days now and am much happier with the low volume performance (no waiting).

Mike