Proper set up of rf-62 and rc-52 home theater.

smcilwaine287

I am powering my RF- 62 fronts, RC-52 center, and rb-10 rear speakers with a Yamaha RX-V1800.

I do no have a subwoofer, and my couch is on a backwall in the small bedroom I have this set up in. If I set my bass out through my receiver to go to my front speakers, and I set my frequency cut off to 100hz, will that then send everything lower than that to the front speakers?

Also, what is proper position of RF 62 speakers, as well as rear speakers? Any advice/helped appreciated. I seem to notice the rears sound much better with the tweeter aimed at my ear, but I remember reading they should not be aimed at the listener.

Pics would help us give better recommendations.

Fronts should be spread spart as much as you can, within reason. Many like having their fronts toed in, or angled in towards your listening position. Rear ported speakers should be placed somewhat close to the wall behind them but not too close. As a general rule of thumb, measure the diameter of the port(s) and place the speakers that far from the wall behind them.

5.1 systems have side surrounds. They should be placed to the side of your listening position aimed towards you.