KSW-10 or KSW12 ?

rjs

I am considering purchasing the Quintet speaker system, but am uncomfortable with using the KSW-10 as it's system sub. I would like to use the KSW-12 instead, but my dealer located near me is not willing to "split" the set and sell the Quintet with the KSW-12(for a price-adder, of course...). This is not a problem, as I'll purchase the speakers elsewhere, where I can get what I choose. I am concerned that the sound of the KSW-10 will not be sufficient in the room I am wiring for surround sound. It is a partitioned/finished basement with dedicated TV area and sectioned off wet-bar and gaming area. The total room is approx. 20'x 30'. Any suggestions?

I am concerned that the sound of the KSW-10 will not be sufficient in the room I am wiring for surround sound. It is 20'x 30'.

RJS, sounds like you have a pretty big room. The KSW 10 should be enough bass for the quintets--If I may...Try to demo the system in the room. You may find you want to upgrade to a Synergy system. The KSW 12 might make more sence then. Shoot, you might want to even check out a reference package!

Bottom line is to demo the system before you buy! I bet that room will suck up more sound than you realize. Enjoy!!!

• 2 weeks later...

RWMIN:

Geez, sorry to get you all riled up. I should have said some authorized AND unauthorized (meaning many e-tailers) bundle the KSW-10 with Quintets and, due to potential massive inventory problems, cannot break up the package.

I know that my response is somewhat out of line but I have had nothing but lies told to me from my local dealer regarding Klipsch speakers and the availability of what they don't and won't stock OR order and it just kind of hit a nerve.

I want one of those new subs bad enough to taste it but I absolutely refuse to buy anything from my local Klipsch dealer.

I'm actually willing to pay MSRP for an RSW 15 as I still think it is a good price for that kind of claimed output. I just HATE to have to buy from the very store that lied to me regarding thousands of dollars spent on lesser speakers then I wanted because they didn't stock what I wanted. I paid MSRP PLUS I bought an additional warranty for my KLF 10's ($1350ish) when I wanted to buy the KLF 20's or 30's but they could not be ordered as they were discontinued! Did you know that the C7 was also discontinued PRIOR to October 10, 1999 ! That sir is a fact according to my local Klipsch dealer! They did not even list those in their system TO ORDER!

OK, OK I'm getting started again. Sorry! Like I said it hit a nerve.

RJS, what ever happened with your system? Guess you can tell that people here are less than enthusiastic about the set up. That comes from experiance and years of listening to good music. It will spoil you.

Klipsch has great sound and leaves you wanting more. Point being spend YOUR money wisely because some dealors will take any way they can and more than once!

Still recommend listening to at least a Synergy set up. Let us know what your doing!