Where to mount S2 speakers

gtr

I have a room that is 12' long by 16' wide. The theatre section of the room is mainly setup within 12' of the 16' width. The hallway going up stairs is open space which is why I can't use the extra 4' How far in from the outside wall should I mount the left S2 speaker and where should I mount the right S2 speaker. I also want to mount about 7' from the floor and my seating is also against that wall. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

A Newby!

welcome to the forum....hard to say where to mount without actually seeing the room,but your surrounds should be to the left and right of seating area slightly behind your ear position facing each other...not behind the seating area...mount them 2-3 ft above head hight when seated or 5-7ft from floor...if you have a good reciever it should have a self setup and will set speaker distance for you....you could allways use speaker stands too and put them near the rear corners of your couch....hope this helps abit...good luck