Klipsch Image X10s and UK Service

samcaslin

Hi Everyone,

I have had my Klipsch Image X10 headphones for over a year now and have been really pleased with them. After 6 months of owning them though the rubber where the wires meet the headphones started to perish where it is sealed.

No worries. This manufacturer fault will be covered under the warranty. Unfortunately I purchased my headphones in the states (I live in the UK) and the Customer support guy is quite possibly the least helpfull person I've ever dealt with. He is saying that I need to go back to the store they came from even though its in the US! I have responded that its not the easiest thing to do and asked if there was anyway i could just send them to an address closer to home but now he won't email me back. I'm not gonna spend £500 on a flight to the states just to take back some headphones which (frankly for the premium you pay for them) shouldn't break in the first place. After doing further research i found out this was a common fault (http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/117456.aspx).

I have to say that in the past when i have spent less money with other companies and experienced problems with build quality the customer care team have bent over backwards to sort the problem out.

Has anyone else dealt with the support team in the UK and had better luck than myself?

Thanks for any help.

I dont think the main Klipsch RMA number located in the US will be of any help to non-US customers other than directing you to a distributor in your area. That was my experience with a Canadian RMA. I wonder how people RMA their products if there is no distributor in their area? The main Klipsch USA office seems to refuse RMAs from non-US locations. Heck...if you are outside of the US and you need to RMA your product, you're not really even dealing with Klipsch...you're somewhat dealing with an outsourced 3rd party.

• Moderators

I dont think the main Klipsch RMA number located in the US will be of any help to non-US customers other than directing you to a distributor in your area. That was my experience with a Canadian RMA. I wonder how people RMA their products if there is no distributor in their area? The main Klipsch USA office seems to refuse RMAs from non-US locations. Heck...if you are outside of the US and you need to RMA your product, you're not really even dealing with Klipsch...you're somewhat dealing with an outsourced 3rd party.

That is actually standard business practice for manufacturers. We sell to distributors at dealer cost, consumers purchase from distributors/dealers at retail cost. If we then turned around and refunded the consumer, we would be refunding more than we sold it for. There is also shipping and duty issues to consider when handling warranties.

It isn't "outsourcing..." It's having distribution channels and retail outlets.

Does that make sense? Even customers in the US need to go through their place of purchase for returns.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for posting.

I'm pretty sure its not a klipsch employee...The guys name is Ed Corkery and his email address leads me to believe he works for tns ditribution.

I really am at a loss to do here. He doesn't seem very willing to help me out.

Is there anyway i can get my product repaired through klipsch without dealing with this guy?

I can post the emails that i have recieved from him (he no longer seems interested in even replying to my emails) they are pretty blunt.

Sam