Hiss from speakers with volume above midpoint

nmhusa

• Moderators

Do the speakers hiss when the computer is off? If not, you're soundcard or "system noise" is the likely culprit. Make sure your mic and cd audio volume levels are muted when not in use.

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

888-554-5665

It was my understanding that the speakers go into standby mode when the computer is turned off or no signal is detected. But there is no hiss if the computer is off. All inputs are muted. The speakers are connected to the Acoustic Edge through the analog outs. I will try switching to a set of Philips multimedia speakers to see if the hiss is related to the card output.

Its the soundcard,there are lots of frequencies being thrown about within the case of some of these get interpolated with your sound signals, thus the "junk" is also heard, even my headphones hiss slightly when i turn their volume up more than half. Its normal, nothng to do with the speakers, u would also hear hiss in home theatre set ups when the volume is really loud and nothng much is going on screen, the hiss is always there, just not audible at lower levels.

Double checked the soundcard settings and in the playback section noticed that the CD option was not muted. Muting that as Amy suggested cleared the high hiss level and now the speakers sound as clear as before. Thanks Amy.......