KLF-20 Center Channel Mods

killer clown

I am new to these forums so please bear with me.I am considering the HornEd modifacation on a KLF-20 to a horizontal center channel and would like to bounce a few ideas as to the direction i may go.Some of these ideas are seen in other posts in these forums.some ideas i have not seen yet.First replace motor board with redesigned motor board.Horizontal placement of midrange under tweeter.Recessed placement of midrange and tweeter to form extension of horns.Place rear ports to one on each side.Contain each woofer in its own enclosure.What are the pros and cons of each mod.Does the horns have to be enclosed or can the horn rear section be left"open"?What would be the best enclosure size now be for each woofer?What would be the best insulation be for the new enclosures?Is separating the enclosures worth the effort?All suggestions will be considered especially those based on facts and experience.I look forward to your replies.I have read and learned much here and hope to continue to do so.

Your welcome. All i did was took the motorboard out which was not a easy task and cut the holes on the new piece of board and placed hornes and subs in. I did

get bucking magnets for them because of the display i was using then . The only thing i did not do that i would have liked is to recess the

subs and horns but i did not have acess to a router.

Impressive modoc.i only hope when i pull the trigger on my center i hope it looks as good.I have been going through other posts mostly by redtop,scooterdog,and HornEd.My system currenttly resides in a 35x70 shop my brother and i use as a place to "piddle".There is plenty of space for a large Legend-based system.First priority is scoring atleast 3 klf-20s.As an aside I had been in another forum elsewhere and Klipsch speakers were not highly thought of.Having ventured into horns I personally have found myself not wanting to listen to anything else.Long live horns.K.C.