S4i and X10i

bradg33

Hello all,

I currently own both an iPhone 3GS and a 3rd Generation iPod Shuffle. I'm using a pair of Apple Dual Driver In-ear monitors at the moment as my primary headphones. While they generally work fairly well, use in the gym is a totally different story. Any hint of moisture (read: sweat) tends to make the controls stop working properly. As I'm sure you can all imagine, this is immensely frustrating. My question for the folks here is whether anyone has used the S4i's in a workout environment and can confirm that they don't have any issues with sweat, and whether anyone has a) actually used the x10is and B) if so, are they similarly sweat-compatible?

Thanks!

In my personal experience, I have tried working out with my X10's and Custom 1's, and did not like it. As gross as it sounds, once my ear got a little sweaty, I started to lose the seal. I prefer using a pair of neckband headphones for working out, and running. Can't speak for the "i"stuff. Your mileage may vary. :-)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's my review: Klipsch S4i white Review

I think I can give you an educated answer on this. I've previously owned the Apple in-ears too, and used them in the gym, and now I'm a proud Klipsch S4i owner.

In my experience the remote of the Klipsch is beter resistant against moisture. The Apple's would go crazy halfway through my runs but the Klipsch so far (3 x 7 mile runs) have worked perfectly. Maybe it's the position of the remote, I don't know.

Another thing is that these work better with running, at least after a few small adjustments. Usually in-ears don't filter out the noises of the cord rubbing against your body, but this can be prevented (to some extend) by doing the following:

1. Make the cord as tight as possible. Tuck everything in your pocket, make sure it runs straight from your pocket to your ears. This will ensure that the cord has almost no place to go, thus less rubbing.

2. Use the little slider above the remote, slide it up to your chin. This also helps prevent rubbing noises.

Unfortunately I did experience the seal going away because of the sweat, very annoying, but not a deal breaker. 3rd party tips might help solve this.