Help, Impedance of the Quartet woofer...

wuboy

I have been told that the impedance of the woofer is 4 ohms, which doesn't add up (barring crossover magic) Vt = (Va * Vb * Vc)/(Va + Vb + Vc), assuming this is a parallel circuit...am I retarded...forget that.... If this were true the nominal impedance would be 6 ohms...that's not right.

Does anybody have an answer, I think the guy was full of beans...I smell a 10" 8 ohm woofer, seems right as the speakers nominal impedance is 8 ohms..

Thanks, this is what I have been told, I just needed a confirmation. I have actually found a couple of replacement woofers with very similar thiele-small parameters. Same for my Forte II's...as Klipsch no longer has an interest in supporting these products.

I am lucky enough to work with a local Klipsch dealer, but I really like what I have. In March I am going to take two Quartets to make a center channel for my Forte II's...

Yes I have sought professional help.

I did the same thing several years ago ...

Again if you search the archives, I am sure you will find some of my old postings. I had new motor boards made, and ended up replacing the Quartet tweeter and crossover to match that of the Forte IIs. Probably not perfect, but has at least stopped the endless "upgrade/replacement" search. Keep the forum updated with your progress.

I used an Eminence Beta (4 ohm) for a while, but it seemed a bit bass heavy. I have heard people using the Delta Series in Fortes (II ?), but I have never heard what they sound like. I finally stumbled across a K-10 on eBay.

This represents my most recent waste time: http://www.soundspectrum.com/extras/viewuser.html?id=1747&opt=upl ...

I "BELIEVE" the only real issue would be the roll-off of the low pass circuit on the woofer; it would be at a different fequency and/or slope. Depending on other variables (i.e., driver specifications and other issues beyond MY comprehension!), it MAY be somewhat insignificant in real world applications.