Simple Question about RSW 15

Schmidty

Yep a well shielded RCA will do.I just hoisted the RSW10 up to my PC sound system(with KSW12 and 15). Smile.gif Tight and fast bass to be sure.The new RSW like is great.While no SVS or Sunfire on deep sub bass they sound fantastic.And for PC use they are fine Wink.gif

I use Monster Z bass interconects and Tributaries sub interconects.As long as the interconect is well shielded you are A ok.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

This message has been edited by TheEAR on 03-15-2002 at 11:14 PM

if your receiver is dd/dts surround sound (w/bass management)hook into the LFE input,and don't use both inputs.avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15 in the house!!

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 7200 dishplayer satellite receiver/digital bitstream recorder

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

quote:

Originally posted by avman:

if your receiver is dd/dts surround sound (w/bass management)hook into the LFE input,and don't use both inputs.avman.

Thanks for your help. Do I still use the subwoofer out on my receiver? I don't see a LFE out.

Thanks again,

Tony

I would not recommend "Monsters" BASS cable for LFE connection (Low Frequency Response), try the "THX" rated Monster 350HTSB, by far better cable. I will use this with my RSW15. Some shops rig Monster(component) with RCA connections to pass(SVR6?)what ever length you require, used with DVD, tape, cd, etc, but not "sub" cable.

Don't use "regular" RCA cable, not designed for a "sub"...IMO.

To add, it should be Monster 350i SWHT cable, not as I mentioned previously.

This message has been edited by boomer9911 on 03-23-2002 at 01:53 AM

To add, the "Power Cord" that comes with the RSW line sucks. I have replaced it with a Chang Power Cord...

Listen for yourself Smile.gif

I was NOT impressed with the power cords that come with the RSW line...MO, more like whats on my Toaster oven!

All that Dynamite with what kind of fuse....goes with the sub cable question Smile.gif

This message has been edited by boomer9911 on 03-22-2002 at 02:37 AM

Boomer9911,

Amen on the Chang-Lightspeed. Which cord do you have, power zero, or power one? Since I have an extra CLS I might try it on the RSW-15 to see if it makes a difference. I guess I never did because I did not think it would be that great of a difference as it would be on a pre-amp or power amp where it makes a HUGE difference. I tell you what, adding 3 dedicated circuts, the CLS power cords to my pre and power amps, along with using the wall as my powre source for the back end equipment and the pre-amp instead of using that monster power, surge, protection, line conditioner crap you can really hear a very noticable difference.

------------------

MM

Hey MM,

Actually I just exchanged my Changs for PS Audio mini lab power cord, awesome(5.5ft). I tried both, and preferred the PS Audio over the Chang.

I use 1 with my Marantz SR18EX A\V Receiver, and the other with the RSW15.

check em out below.

http://www.psaudio.com/products/labcables_mini.asp

or

http://www.psaudio.com/products/labcables_mini_overview.asp

To add, check out their in home free trial, sorry, only available in the US, not in Canada eh.

Also, I do use the Monster Power Source HTPS7000, had the 5100, before that, the Adcom ACE-515 Enhancer, then Radio Shack "Power Bars"....LOL...I like to Protect my Investment Smile.gif

This message has been edited by boomer9911 on 03-31-2002 at 01:41 AM

Boomer9911,

They do look pretty nice. I see its a 10 gauge cable, wow thats pretty large. I also see that they have a 30 day in home trial which makes it easy to demo the product. I went with the chang-lightspeed for a few reasons. One which after doing a little research they seemed to be the best bang for the buck, and I get mine from this dealer in southern California and he told me that since I wanted 4 he was able to give me an even better deal. I use the CLS power zero which is the best cord chang makes, and for the money the PS audio would have to be a very pronouced difference in sound for me to switch. However I might give it a try since they have the 30 day trial period. How much did you pay for the PS Audio?

------------------

MM

This message has been edited by Marathon Man on 04-06-2002 at 09:27 PM

MM,

I paid $200 CDN ea. I liked the dynamics of the PS Audio and yet 1/2 the cost. One thing that got me

was the "outer" shield of chang, pretty shabby, the "filter" in the middle, PASS. I rely on my Monster HTPS 7000 to pick up the slack so to speak. The PS Audio is tight, right through your left testee Smile.gif

Your lucky, being from Canada, no free trial, for you folks in the US, your crazy if you don't Investigate further....IMO....

10 guage, as opposed to the "LAB" at 20, with Hospital connectors....any questions email them Smile.gif

http:\\www.psaudio.com

This message has been edited by boomer9911 on 04-12-2002 at 02:50 AM