MP3 player hook up for boat

Fotog

Please forgive my ignorance -

I have a small MP3 player that I would like to use on my small fishing boat. I think that one can buy a type of receiver and use a USB cable to connect the MP3 to it. Anyone know the types of stereos/receivers/players that accept this connection? Is there a small unit like a converter or something that I could just install and play music through to the boat speakers?

Anyone know if Klipsch outdoor speakers would work on a boat? I am kind of starting from scratch except I already have a SanDisk MP3 player.

I just hooked up my chip amp (Dayton) to my Heresys. I am just hooked up to the satellite dish stereo out RCAs so it's not a perfect source but it doesn't sound too bad. Not much power (5 watts into 8 oms), you need efficient speakers but the sound is good, smooth with decent bass. The top end is not too sharp so it's a good match for horns. Plenty good enough for a portable system or a modest dorm room/ipod setup. I'm using mine just for TV, when I don't want to burn my tube amps but I want better than just TV sound.

Thanx, Russ