Klipsch Cornwall K-33 to K-48 Will this Work?

Evolvo

I recently bought a pair of klipsch Cornwall II's and have come to find out after posting them at auction on Ebay that they ahve K-48's in them instead of K-33's so I'm wondering does this pose any kind of problems. Does this throw off the crossovers at all. Which Woofer is better? Does this severly devalue my Cornwalls? Also are the K-48 worth anything if I wanted to sale them and replace with 33's?

Thanks.

I have posed this question to Klipsch technical support and they could not answer me. The K-48 will handle 1000 watt peak compared to the K-33 400 watt peak both are rated at 100 watt continuous. I would think the K-48 would be an improvement.

I might be interested in the K-48s if you decide to sell so I have back ups for my Chorus IIs. I would think they would be an excellant choice for a Cornscala build since bass is the desired result.

However I think if they were a significant improvement Klipsch would be using them still. But that could be a cost factor as well. The magnet is substantially bigger on the K-48. Eminence may be the place to inquire since they make them.