First Klipsch Heritage Advice

csferry

I have Forte II's and Cornwalls in seperate rooms. Have heard the Heresy's but never owned. I was about to say bigger is better but there are days when I love sitting with the Forte II's vs. the Cornwalls. Then again that depends on what music I am playing, the amplifier, the room, etc., etc, etc..

I will own La Scalas and Khorns at some point but chances are I will keep them all. Answer, like others have said, buy them both.

Does it seem to you that your Cornwalls sound better a lower volumes? Where as the Forte IIs need a little more to sound good?

That is one thing I'm hoping is the result of the crossovers being old and when I redo them the Forte IIs will sound better at low volume.

Fortes are Heritage but they only lasted for a very short while. And there a reason for everything. The Heritage series include: Fortes (Lasted 4 years, '85 - '89), Chorus (Lasted 3 years, '87 - '90), Heresies, Cornwalls, Belles (discontinue in '05), La Scalas and Klipschorns.

Also, sorry for the contentious nature of calling Fortes "Heritage," but thanks for the knowledge.

Fortes are Heritage but they only lasted for a very short while. And there a reason for everything. The Heritage series include: Fortes (Lasted 4 years, '85 - '89), Chorus (Lasted 3 years, '87 - '90), Heresies, Cornwalls, Belles (discontinue in '05), La Scalas and Klipschorns.

Also, sorry for the contentious nature of calling Fortes "Heritage," but thanks for the knowledge.

Why would the Forte and Chorus be included but not the Forte II and Chorus II? Usually people say just a flat yes or no to both being Heritage so I'm curious why you'd consider the Is but not the IIs?

I bought the entire crossover kit from Bob Crites for the Forte II's and just the caps for the Cornwall I's. You might want to do that with the Forte II's as they are a little beefier for lack of a better term. The Forte's have had the tweeter upgrade and the Cornwalls Bob Crites new tweeters.

I run a Sony STR-V7 from the 70's with the Fortes, 150 wpc though you obviously don't need that. Sounds very warm with the Forte's, haven't tried it with the Cornwalls yet. The Cornwalls do sound better to me at lower volume and are presently run by a Pioneer VSX-54TX.

The Forte II's are wider apart and put me directly in the sweet spot. If I close the door and turn them up a tad with some Jackson Browne, happy.

The Cornwalls are hampered by a smaller room and fairly close together. I am dying to spread them out but have seen plenty of pictures of the same distance so..................... That in itself can spark all sorts of commentary but I can sense more change in the music, between CD quality, MP3's, Vinyl with the Cornwalls.

I have had the Cornwalls and Forte's together downstairs and they sound wonderful but I like listening to them both two channel so back to seperate quarters............................. for now.

At the moment, tough choice. Long winded way of saying I like them both.

Fortes comprise of everything in the series (i.e. Fortes I, Fortes II, etc.) and likewise for the Chorus. They are all Heritage.

Although last a little longer then their predecessors, the Fortes II (lasted 7 years, '89 - '96) and Chorus II (lasted 6 years, '90 - '96) are also short-lived. The Quartets are also a Heritage (lasted 7 years from '89 - '96). So the Heritage series include: Fortes, Chorus, Quartets, Heresies, Cornwalls, Belles, La Scalas and Klipschorns. Only the Heresies, Cornwalls, La Scalas and Klipschorns remain in the series.

Why would the Forte and Chorus be included but not the Forte II and Chorus II? Usually people say just a flat yes or no to both being Heritage so I'm curious why you'd consider the Is but not the IIs?