CS-700: More than one audio input

tomteitgen

I have a Klipsch CS-700 with several devices connected to the various audio inputs. I would like to connect even more devices, but I'm already using all the inputs. I was wondering if I could connect these additional devices to the unused inputs even though there's already a connection to that input. For example, if I'm using the Aux 1 optical digital input connection for one device can I use the coaxial digital input for another device (with the understanding that only one device would be active at a time of course)? What about using a digital and an analog input in the same fashion? Will this approach even work? Are there any gotchas or reasons not to do this?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the warm welcome, James.

And thanks for the switch box advice. I haven't had a chance to try mulitple inputs directly into the unit yet. I hope to find some time soon to try it out. I'll post something when I do.

Have you tried monoprice for cables, etc? I've bought a bunch of stuff from them...great prices!

Tom

Yes, I'm doing this right now with the aux2 inputs. I've got the Wii connected through the stereo connectors and the Xbox 360 connected with optical. It works, but when I switch to the xbox, I need to turn off the unit and turn it back on to get it to recognize the optical input. After that it works fine. Jon