ALK Crossover and exrta AA network pair

ChemPharma

Hello, I have some LaScala'a 17S801 and 17S802 serial numbers(Late 70's Models)and am selling the AA crossovers. They are in very good shape, electrically and cosmetically. I just installed the ALK engineering units (ser. no 81a and 81b. My cabinets were to stock for my tastes and I had them customized by a furniture maker and trimmed out in birch with a perfectly beveled top (around the top trim edge) to fit and allow a 1/4 " thick piece of glass fit flush at the top just inside the birch trim beveled edge. I can only get the thick glass out when I turn the speakers over. Anyway they look as part of the speaker cabinet. This allows me to put lamps,special plants, or whatever I want on the top of them. Anyway, the are one-of-a-kind and beautiful. I bought a pair of the ALK crossovers and WOW! I love the way they sound, which is simply better (period)I changed the stock squawker transformer setting of 5,2 to 3,0 to suit my taste. I drive the speakers with a pure class A circuitry Nelson Pass 50 wattt/channel amp, which I'm sure helps. But I am very happy with Al's efforts, speaking as a scientist(chemist/chemeng)myself. I never knew electrons could sound so good.

Hello. I'm interesting by your crossovers. Pascal

Hello

quote:

Originally posted by ChemPharma:

Hello, I have some LaScala'a 17S801 and 17S802 serial numbers(Late 70's Models)and am selling the AA crossovers. They are in very good shape, electrically and cosmetically. I just installed the ALK engineering units (ser. no 81a and 81b. My cabinets were to stock for my tastes and I had them customized by a furniture maker and trimmed out in birch with a perfectly beveled top (around the top trim edge) to fit and allow a 1/4 " thick piece of glass fit flush at the top just inside the birch trim beveled edge. I can only get the thick glass out when I turn the speakers over. Anyway they look as part of the speaker cabinet. This allows me to put lamps,special plants, or whatever I want on the top of them. Anyway, the are one-of-a-kind and beautiful. I bought a pair of the ALK crossovers and WOW! I love the way they sound, which is simply better (period)I changed the stock squawker transformer setting of 5,2 to 3,0 to suit my taste. I drive the speakers with a pure class A circuitry Nelson Pass 50 wattt/channel amp, which I'm sure helps. But I am very happy with Al's efforts, speaking as a scientist(chemist/chemeng)myself. I never knew electrons could sound so good.

------------------

Duval