ProMedia Ultra 5.1 Satellites hooked up to Harman Kardon AVR 347

nathanr

Can someone tell me if it's safe to hook up the aforementioned satellite speakers to Harman Kardon AVR 347 receiver. Originally I purchased the receiver to run the pre-outs to the ProMedia amp, which is nice but limits speaker volume control to the control pod. So instead would like to wire receive speaker outputs to the promedia speakers and subwoofer pre-out to the promedia amp. Is that OK to do? I'm worried the amp will blow out the speakers.

Sure, you can run them on the receiver, but like any speaker, if you push them hard, they can overheat and fry out the coil. I use a regular ProMedia on my Yamaha receiver as a center channel and it works well, i was using 3 of them for a short period of time for all my fronts until my JBLs came in. but I did not have any problems running them on my receiver which i believe is 75-100 watts per channel. Not sure how you would go about hooking up the sub though.