Klipsch RC-64...

Hi all, I am pretty new to this forum and don't know much about speaker stuff. I recently purchased a brand new RC-64 at a really good deal at my local store. When I hooked it up to my 5.1 HT set up using a Denon AVR-4306 (130W/C), I noticed that the speaker did not seem to produce appropriate soundings as it should (Very little to none sounding comes out from the tweeter/horn and nothing comes out from the woofers as well). I believe I correctly connected it to my reciever, my front and rear speakers sounded just fine but my RC-64. I do not know exactly what went wrong and just wondering if my reciever can produce enough power to run this piece. I currenly do not use any Sub in my 5.1 HT setup and could this be the issue? Please help. Thank you all in advance and let me know if you guys need any additional info about the speaker.

Welcome to the forum. Try switching your receiver's DSP modes to mono mode where all sound will come from the center channel. Take a listen and if you hear the full range, then your RC-64 should be fine. If you are still not satisfied, disconnect the speaker wire for the center channel and connect to one of the front channels(right or left) and listen in stereo. You will know right away if your 64 is defective.

Keep this in mind also, some DSP modes in your receiver do not even use the center channel. For example, PLII music routes most of the sound through the front 2 channels with little info for the center while PLII movie mode sends more info to the center. Check the crossover for the center channel on the receiver and make sure it is no higher than 80hz, at 120hz little bass will come through.

Bill