Tube Choices For VTL ST-150

toolguym

Guest David H

The VTL is a nice amp, I am sure it sound great with the factory tubes. Tube upgrades are most often prefernce.

My own personal preference for power tubes are Gold Lions. But most of the 6550/kt-88 tubes I have tried sound good.

Dave

Guest David H

The VTL is a nice amp, I am sure it sound great with the factory tubes. Tube upgrades are most often prefernce.

My own personal preference for power tubes are Gold Lions. But most of the 6550/kt-88 tubes I have tried sound good.

Dave

Just picked up a used VTL 150,could probably use some tubes.I am hoping for some advice on tube brands and power tube options.Also,would an input/driver tube upgrade/change be a good idea?

I wholeheartedly agree with Gothover about the GoldLions. What preamp (12AX7, 12AU7,!2AT7) tubes are in it now? I can definitely help you out with those within your budget. I have several references of people I've helped here on the forum who had similar needs. Actually I sent some tubes to Gothover so you could ask him.

G-man

Just picked up a used VTL 150,could probably use some tubes.I am hoping for some advice on tube brands and power tube options.Also,would an input/driver tube upgrade/change be a good idea?

Does this amp take 6350s? If so check these out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/72)-4-Vintage-Tung-Sol-Tubes-6350-Radio-TV-Juke-Box-NOS_W0QQitemZ160412743096QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20100315?IMSfp=TL100315161005r8907#ht_500wt_1182

Tung Sol are GREAT tubes and you might be able to pick up some great tubes here for a steal.