Speaker Size Question

FussGus

Fresh to the Forums.

I very recently bought a pair of RF-62 speakers and an RC-62. My question is. When Klipsch says the speaker sizes are 6.5" woofers.. Why do mine only measure out to be only 5.75"?

And one other question to ask non speaker size related. Does anyone have a good visual way to describe a bi-amp setup or show me what the amplifiers one would buy look like?

I should say - VERY important you remove the connecting clips between binding posts before bi-amping. The picture above refers to it as 'Bridges Removed'.

If your AVR receiver has preouts, you can connect them to a power amp for powering the woofers. Then the AVR can do the tweeters. There are many power amps to choose from. I'm using a Sunfire Cinema Grand (200 watts per channel).

post-34666-13819555046098_thumb.jpg

post-34666-13819570341014_thumb.jpg

I got my discontinued Sunfire two years ago for $700 shipped, and that's a good deal.

There are many different amps used here by everyone. Take a look in various members 'system profile', and you'll start to see recurring brands. Emotiva has been getting alot of buzz around here for their great performance and very resonable prices.

There are Pro amps like QSC or Behringer you could use for woofers also. Amps that have gain control allows you to balance the volume between the lows and highs to your liking.

Fresh to the Forums.

I very recently bought a pair of RF-62 speakers and an RC-62. My question is. When Klipsch says the speaker sizes are 6.5" woofers.. Why do mine only measure out to be only 5.75"?

I'm guessing you measured the speaker cone at 5.75"; the 6.5" figure is a "nominal" size, typically measured across the speaker basket.

So called "bi-amping" without an electronic crossover is not bi-amping. Running a full range signal into two amps, then hooking them thru a passive crossover is a huge waste of money with no real benefits. Just get one more powerful amp. Or get an electronic crossover with two or more amps and do it right .

I am still very very confused on this biamping thing. Am I able to use my AVR? and if so how do I use that plus whatever else it is I need and hook it all up correctly.

I feel like I am kindof getting ripped off. My cousin has a set of Klipsch's and his are supposed to be 6.5" and he said they are a lot bigger than mine.