My new Icon WF-34s need a new receiver... any opinions/suggestions on a good used receiver vs a new receiver?

navadog

Well. I got a really good deal on the Sony STR-DA5200ES. It is in beautiful condition, but I have not yet hooked it up at home because I need to get some better speaker wire and banana plugs so that I can bi-amp my WF-34's (this receiver allows you to use the surrounds to act as the second connection).

However, having said this, I am severely tempted to pick up one of the recommended receivers so that I can compare them against eachother. The Sony was demoed for me while connected to a Sony Bluray player (playing an audio cd) and hooked up to a pair of $4,000 B&W speakers. It sounded really good. But, I will have to see how it sounds hooked up to my speakers.

So is there a general agreement that I should buy my speaker wire from monoprice.com? I don't even know if I can get 12 gauge wire from Radioshack.

Somebody plz consider using vintage marantz for music !

U cant beat em perhaps with the small price u can get them for and the quality they present

Newer amps ( digital) sound less musical than analogues of the old age

Sorry if i sound like an old junky lover

But reallly man , they beat up the new boys ,imho

Im using a marantz 2230 with klipsch reference

Akheer mahol !!!!!!

So here is what I picked up. I got 100ft of 14 gauge speaker wire (GE brand) at home depot. Bought banana clips from monoprice along with some HDMI cables. In addition to the Sony receiver, I also picked up a Denon AVR 2802 receiver.

Then today I also picked up a pair of Klipsch WB-14 bookshelf speakers. Brand stinkin new in the box for $140!