Ultra 5.1 sub and Quintet III Satellites???

razzz42

Glad I'm on the right track. The Ultra sub never ceases to amaze me. Use an old M-Audio 5.1 card with settings at Klipsch defaults except for clicking surround mode tab to X3 and, well, you know........Also have a M-Audio 7.1sound card, same routine but click the X3 option (to include the center speaker).

Hell Yes Quintet III's will work and greatly improve your sound.. I registered only to chime in on this... I started with the 2.1 back in the late 90's. For the past many years which I have spend most of my time at my cumputer i decided to find myself a new klipsch setup. after maybe 2-3 months found an untouched klipch ultra 5.1 setup minus 2 rear sats PERFECT. I, for the fun, tested the unused satalites for about a week. Amazing sound! finially my new pair of quintet III's arrive.. From the paper based units to the quintets was quite a step up. Starting with the weight of the change out, the stock sat's weight nothing compared to the Q's which the sat's weighs 20-50x more than the original...

I have 3 Ultra systems (minus 2 satellites) two sub panels waiting for repair/upgrades since they will eventually fail due to hot spots esp. at a daughter board plus adding a fan for good luck. Maybe Klipsch is not so good at subs but Bash sure is good at'em. Waiting for a deal on Quintet III. After it's all said and done maybe I'll break even with good sounds or even better.

As a matter of fact I'm using 2.1 with VT1708S onboard sound chip (Asus MrA785TD-V motherboard) for everyday web surfing sounds and switch on M-audio/Ultra when the need arises. Then I have 4.1 in mothballs that pouind for pound cost/performance wise was the best sound in my opinion, used them for years.