Surround speakers

mbr311

Hi long time lurker, short time poster. You guys helped me a ton with a center channel question I had previously. I pulled off a wicked move, getting a gentely used RC-35 for $100 shipped from Cali and turned around and sold my gentely used RC-10 for $175 shipped. Nothing like getting a much better speaker and making money off it! I can't believe how much better the RC-35 is it has made a HUGE difference in sound quality especially dialogue.

Anyway, next up for me is a HDMI capable receiver as well as some surround speakers. Being that I have a pretty small living room, i was wondering if the Reference RS-10s were a good choice for me? If you look at my signature you can see what I am pushing/using and I don't think I need a whole lot more than what the RS-10s can put out.

I'm thinking about bidding on these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Klipsch-RS-10-Loudspeaker_W0QQitemZ180482045693QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSpeakers_Subwoofers?hash=item2a059176fd

If I could bid really low I could get 2 of them for possibly really cheap and finally have the speaker setup of my home theater done. Then it would just be a matter of getting an HDMI capable receiver to maximize my experience. Or if anyone is getting rid of some good Reference surrounds for a decent price please feel free to contact me at mbratner@gmail.com.

Thank you guys have been awesome!

Mark

Anybody have any opinions on the SS-1s in white? I found a great deal for them on ebay and they would blend into my walls perfectly, and since I'm not running the really high end speakers (though they are reference series and the SS-1s aren't) I figured they should be ok. Anyone that can help me I would appreciate it so much thanks!

I currently have SS3s in black.....

I got mine on EBAY for $120BIN.

I like them alot; and the definitely sound great.... My HT is some Heritage (Heresies), and a KV3 center.

Although my system is not all the same series; my receiver allows me to change the EQ for each speaker.

I think it blends beautifully and sounds fantastic.......

Good Luck!

I am currently bidding on a pair of SS-1s in white that I think will do perfect with my setup the way it is now. The bidding is pretty low hopefully I can get it for another steal. I love ebay and craiglist, got the RC-35 for $100 shipped and made money off it by selling my RC-10, and now I am hopefully about to get some SS-1s in white that will blend in perfectly with the walls for under $100 (assuming I don't get outbid of course). If I do I'll just keep looking. Thanks!