Initial settings

eddieras

I just got the SF2, SS1, SC1 and KSW 10--

what's the recommended setup for all those controls on the back!

also,

i have a denon 2802 and my crossover choices are 80, 100, 120. i'm trying to grasp this= does this mean that any frequency below the one i choose (eg 80, 100, 120) will be sent to the sub? is it better to choose the highest - 120?

finally, the auto switch on the back- it didn't switch on the sub as i thought it should- is this reliable?

It seems Klipsch made the "Auto On" feature very poorly or we are doing something wrong. On my brand new RSW 15 it does not work either. Hopefully someone from Klipsch will address our problem and post a reply.

------------------

My first setup

Fronts----KLF 30's

Center----RC-3 II

Receiver--JVC RX-9010V

Rears-----Quintets

Sub-------RSW-15

TV--Panasonic tau 32 HDTV

DVD------XBOX, Sad I know

i did just receive a call from Klipsch and i asked them that.. the guys said to use a Y adaptor from my single output on the receiver to the two inputs on the sub- that should solve the auto problem- i'm picking one up today-i'll let you know if it works.

eddie, what that receiver adjustable crossover does is for speakers set small (probably best) cuts all low bass at the set point from those speakers at the sloping rate & sends to the sub preout (high pass filter) & also cuts off (at the sloping rate of course) the low bass to the sub at the same point (low pass filter.

as long as u choose sub:yes, all lfe channel goes to the sub regardless of where you set the adjustable cross. this is why when using this set-up yopu should turn the sub's (ksw) crossover all the way up to 120hz.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

quote:

Originally posted by boa12:

this is why when using this set-up yopu should turn the sub's (ksw) crossover all the way up to 120hz.

thanks- but can you clarify? the klipsch guy said to set it for 80? what are the advantages/ disadvantages for these settings?

eddie, sorry meant to add, the 100hz or 120hz RECEIVER settings are for pretty tiny speakers (like bose cubes Smile.gif). this is not your case for the mains. so yea probably best to set your RECEIVER crossover to 80hz.

i'd recommend to then set the ksw's crossover on the back of the sub box all the way up (120hz i believe).

------------------

My Home Systems Page

eddie, sorry meant to add, the 100hz or 120hz RECEIVER settings are for pretty tiny speakers (like bose cubes Smile.gif). this is not your case for the mains. so yea probably best to set your RECEIVER crossover to 80hz.

i'd recommend to then set the ksw's crossover on the back of the sub box all the way up (120hz i believe).

oh yea, there's never a set answer to the above. you can always experiment w/ dif settings. i'd just use the above (w/ all speaks set small) as a reference). then just tweak away. cwm4.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page